NEC debuts MultiSync EA245WMi display
NEC Display Solutions of America, a provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced the MultiSync EA245WMi display, which is capable of simplifying multiple-monitor configurations with an improved, sleek cabinet and 3-sided ultra-narrow bezel design.
The new 24-inch widescreen model features IPS panel technology, LED backlighting with wide viewing angles (178-degree horizontal/vertical) and three ultra-narrow bezels, each less than 1 millimeter thick, in order to create desktop configurations with little distraction so users in corporate, command and control, and financial industries can focus on their work, according to a company press release.
Designed for multiple-monitor configurations, NEC's ControlSync technology allows users to automatically control settings on up to six displays from one primary monitor using the included ControlSync cable. Additionally, the DisplayPort 1.2 daisy chain capability allows for connectivity of up to four monitors through one DisplayPort 1.2 input, simplifying cable connections, the release said.
"We are extremely excited to add the MultiSync EA245WMi to our robust product portfolio," said Kevin Christopherson, director of product marketing for desktop displays at NEC Display Solutions. "Its narrow bezels, expansive feature set and consistent visual performance will make it a great addition to any user's work environment."
The EA245WMi display also offers smart sensing technology, which automatically detects work conditions to determine the proper display brightness with ambient light and human sensors, as well as touch-sensitive menu controls. A comprehensive input panel, including HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2 in/out, DVI-D and 3-port USB hub, connects users to the latest devices, according to the release. A fully adjustable stand, including height-adjust, tilt, rotation and pivot functionality, gives users a comfortable and flexible work environment.
The display includes the following features:
- three narrow bezels (0.9 millimeters left/ right, 0.8 millimeters top) provide a large image with little distraction;
- 178-degree wide viewing angles;
- 20,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio;
- 1920 x 1200 native resolution;
- 16:10 native aspect ratio and 6-ms response time;
- 300 cd/m2 brightness and 8-bit color;
- touch-sensitive menu controls;
- quick-release stand with height, tilt and swivel adjustability;
- VGA, DVI-D, DisplayPort 1.2 in/out and HDMI 2.0;
- 3-port USB 3.0 hub;
- uniformity correction;
- hardware calibration via SpectraView software (SpectraView bundle also available);
- integrated speakers (1W x 2) and headphone jack;
- ECO Mode, carbon footprint meter and cost meter; and
- Energy Star 7.0 and TCO 7.0 compliant.
The MultiSync EA245WMi-BK display ships with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty, and will be available this month at a minimum advertised price of $399.
The SpectraView EA Kit, which includes NEC's SpectraView Software and a Datacolor Spyder5 calibration sensor, is available as a separate option (SVII-EA-KIT, minimum advertised price of $199) or bundled with the 24-inch monitor as the EA245WMi-BK-SV display at a minimum advertised price of $549.
Companies: NEC Display Solutions