Commercial LCD display and projector solutions provider NEC Display Solutions of America today announced its fourth-generation video wall products, aimed at delivering brilliant imagery to organizations deploying displays for 24/7 use in a variety of digital signage, corporate and broadcast video wall applications.
Like their predecessors, the 55-inch X554UNS, the 55-inch X554UN and the 46-inch X464UN are direct LED-backlit LCD displays, which allow for improved brightness uniformity, reduced power consumption and mercury-free components.
The UNS model now minimizes that distance to only 3.5 mm while the UN displays have a bezel gap as low as 5.5 mm. With DisplayPort 1.2 multistreaming, they are capable of delivering ultra-high definition resolutions across the entire canvas of displays comprising the video walls, NEC said.
In addition, Auto TileMatrix features allow a user to set up the size of the video wall on the first display and automatically scale the content through the remaining displays. With the press of a few buttons, the entire video wall is set up. The result is faster installation, which reduces costs and improves the customer experience.
"Video walls are helping organizations bolster their brands in magnificent ways," Rachel Karnani, senior mnager of product marketing for large screen displays at NEC Display. "Our company has been a pioneer in the development and installation of video walls. The latest X Series displays take video walls to the next level of customer experience and ease of installation."
The X Series displays also support Intel's Open Pluggable Specification, which is the first industry-wide standardization in option slots to simplify digital signage. The OPS option slot allows for easier installation, use and maintenance of digital signage. An accessory slot is now included on new X Series models as well.
The X Series displays include the following features:
- Professional-grade LCD panels with advanced thermal protection and sealed panel design for the demanding digital signage industry requirements
- 3840 x 2160 ultra-HD resolutions through DisplayPort 1.2 daisy chain
- Ultra-narrow bezels of 3.5mm (X554UNS), 5.5mm (X554UN) and 5.7mm (X464UN)
- Brightness of 700 cd/m² and 3500:1 contrast ratio
- Network control and communication through RS232C or LAN
- Auto ID/Auto TileMatrix technology for video walls up to 100 displays
- Faster operational speeds than predecessors
- Carbon footprint meter, which calculates and tracks carbon savings
- ENERGY STAR 6.0, which meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy
The X464UN, X554UN and X554UNS displays will be available in March 2014 at an estimated street price of $4,999, $6,999 and $7,599, respectively. The displays ship with a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.