Sept. 18, 2012
Digital signage display provider NEC Display Solutions of America has announced the premiere of the Touch-Integrated V Series with the 46-inch V462-TM and 65-inch V651-TM. The commercial-grade panel and components promote extended use and deliver touchscreen capabilities in education, corporate, retail and restaurant environments, th e company said.
NEC's V462-TM and V651-TM displays offer digital signage users interactive capabilities with full-HD resolution at a cost-conscious price. Within the Touch-Integrated V Series bezel is an integrated, low-profile, four-camera optical-imaging technology that allows for up to six simultaneous touches. Its double-sided, anti-reflective glass coating protects the panel, prevents mirrored imaging and allows for higher brightness transmittance.
"These touch-integrated models exemplify our commitment to the digital signage market and will build on the rapidly growing interactive display market," said Rachel Karnani, product manager for large screen displays at NEC Display Solutions. "According to FutureSource's Q2 '12 Worldwide Quarterly Market Update, the worldwide education market is expecting interactive flat panel displays to have a 22 percent compound annual growth rate from 2012 to 2015. The Touch-Integrated V Series fits in the heart of NEC's portfolio, providing a cost-effective solution for customers requiring a user-friendly product that is simple to install."
Touch-Integrated V Series models include the following features:
- Four-camera optical-imaging technology supports up to six simultaneous touches
- Integrated, double-sided anti-reflective glass protects the LCD panel, while minimizing reflectivity
- Commercial-grade LCD panel and components
- Full-HD native resolution with up to 360 cd/m² brightness
- Expanded connectivity with digital loop through, DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- Networking capabilities through RS232C, RJ45, IR Remote and DDC/CI inputs
- Built-in expansion slot allows for seamless integration of Open Pluggable Specification devices or NEC accessories
- Built-in, low-profile 10W speakers enhance the experience with superior sound
- Optional accessories include stands, 3G/HD/SD-SDI card, DVI daisy chain, OPS devices, OPS adapter and external PCs.
Read more about digital signage display technology.