Nov. 12, 2012
NEC Display Solutions of America, a provider of digital signage LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its VE281 and VE281X mobile projectors, designed for small-to-medium-sized businesses, education environments, corporate conference rooms and mobility applications where heavy ambient light is present but the space requires a small projector.
These 2800-lumen lightweight models are affordable, the company said, with essential features including 3D Ready technology, high-contrast images and a 7-watt speaker. The automated technologies, including auto power on and quick startup/shutdown, make VE Series projectors an eco-friendly choice. ECO Mode technology, a carbon savings meter, extended filter life, and energy-saving features also are key elements. Intelligent Driving Scheme technology has been adopted to extend the lamp life of the projector up to 6000 hours in ECO Mode and 4000 hours in normal use.
"NEC's new VE Series brings a new mobile family to our multimedia projector lineup with the intention of providing high brightness to small areas with heavy ambient lighting," said Rich McPherson, senior product manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. "Its automated technologies and lightweight design make it ideal for mobility applications where the projector is frequently moved between locations."
NEC's VE281 and VE281X include the following features:
- SVGA and XGA resolutions
- 2800 lumens of brightness
- 3000:1 high contrast ratio from the latest Texas Instruments DLP engine
- BrilliantColor technology provides accurate color reproduction
- Intelligent Driving Scheme, a.k.a., IDS2, enables increased lamp life and contrast ratio
- HDMI input connects to high-definition sources
- Compact size and lightweight design simplify transport
- Automatic Power ON via RGB (15-pin) input
- Quick startup/cooling/shutdown minimizes projector setup and teardown between meetings
- ECO Mode technology helps extend lamp life and lowers power consumption
- Lamp life up to 4,000 hours normal and up to 6,000 hours in ECO Mode
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode
- Intuitive remote control provides one-touch source changes
The VE281 and VE281X will be available in January 2013 at an estimated street price of $369 and $449, respectively. Each projector ships with a two-year limited parts and labor warranty. The lamp is covered for one year or 500 hours, whichever comes first. Education customers receive an additional year, and registered Star Student customers receive an additional two years on their warranty.
Read more about digital signage hardware.