Feb. 1, 2011
NEC Display Solutions of America announced today its P Series for projectors that consists of three models designed for entry-grade integration environments, including corporate boardrooms, higher education classrooms and government training rooms.
Users that require bright installation projectors with enhanced connectivity will appreciate the new professional line of projectors, according to a company press release. With brightness levels of 3,500 lumens (P350X/P350W) and 4,200 lumens (P420X), these new projectors provide dynamic images under normal ambient lighting conditions. Built-in software features include wall color correction, automatic keystone correction, carbon savings meter, Virtual Remote and closed captioning for ease of installation.
Networking features, such as Windows Network Projector, Windows Remote Desktop, Image Express Lite and Office File Viewer are designed to make wired or wireless connections simple. Image Express Lite also enhances the setup experience with built-in geometric correction and cornerstone software.
With ECO Mode technology, the P Series projectors' lamp and filter life are extended up to 5,000 hours, and the filter does not need to be changed until the lamp has reached its end of life. Carbon savings are calculated automatically, enriching the projectors' eco-friendliness. The active lens cover enables presenters to mute the audio and video, then seconds later lower the lamp brightness to 25 percent for a short period of time. Additionally, quick start (3 to 4 seconds) and direct power-off let users present and move on within seconds. The sum of these combined features equates a lower total cost of ownership.
The P350X, P350W and P420X include the following features:
- P350X— 3,500 lumens XGA native resolution
- P350W— 3,500 lumens WXGA native resolution
- P420X— 4,200 lumens XGA native resolution Lamp and filter life up to 5,000 hours
- HDMI, dual computer and USB inputs
- Vertical lens shift
- USB Viewer allows users to present without the use of a computer by displaying images stored as .jpgs from an optional USB memory
- Autosense intuitively syncs the projector with most computer signals
- Virtual Remote (DDC/CI) allows users to control the projector directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- Variable audio-out to connect the projector to an external speaker and control the volume with the projector's remote control
- DICOM Simulation enables users in medical environments to display accurate diagnostic images
- Wireless transmission of an image to the projector without the need for external components is achieved using Image Express 2.0 or Image Express Lite
- 10-watt speaker
- Windows Vista & Windows 7 compatibility
- Video transmission up to and including 720p over the network
- ECO Mode allows for multiple settings dependent upon the brightness required in the application and power savings desired by the user
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode