Dec. 18, 2013
Commercial LCD display and projector solutions provider NEC Display Solutions of America has announced the addition of the 42-inch V423-TM display to its Touch-Integrated V Series portfolio. Its commercial-grade panel and components promote extended use and deliver superior touchscreen capabilities for learning, digital signage and wayfinding applications in education, corporate, retail and restaurant environments, the company said.
NEC Display offers digital signage users interactive capabilities with full-HD resolution. Within the Touch-Integrated V Series bezel is an integrated, low-profile, four-camera optical-imaging technology that allows for up to four simultaneous touches. Its anti-reflective glass coating protects the panel and allows for higher brightness transmittance.
"Consumers are enamored with touch capabilities on their smartphones and other hand-held devices, so organizations are capitalizing on that phenomenon to connect audiences with their own digital screens," Rachel Karnani, senior product manager for large-screen displays at NEC Display Solutions, said in the announcement. "The V423-TM gives organizations a powerful tool to meet this branding objective."
The new touch-Integrated V Series model includes the following features:
- Commercial-grade LCD panel and components
- 1920 x 1080 native resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, 430 cd/m2 (maximum brightness), and 1300:1 contrast ratio
- Four-camera optical-imaging technology, which supports up to four simultaneous touches
- Integrated, double-sided anti-reflective glass, which protects the LCD panels, while minimizing reflectivity
- Expanded connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D
- Networking capabilities through RS232C, RJ45, IR Remote and DDC/CI inputs
- Built-in expansion slot, which allows for integration of Open Pluggable Specification devices or NEC accessories
- Built-in, low-profile 8W speakers for sound
- Optional accessories, which include stands, 3G/HD/SD-SDI card, DVI daisy chain, OPS devices, OPS adapter and external PCs
The V423-TM display will be available in January at a minimum advertised price of $2,399. The display carries a three-year limited parts and labor warranty, which includes the backlight.
Learn more about digital signage display technology.