Feb. 22, 2013
X2O Media will be showcasing its new HTML5-based digital signage software platform at this year's Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas, according to a company announcement.
The new X2O platform is designed to make it easier than ever to create rich media content channels, and then publish them to any type of screen, the company said. Built using the HTML5 standard, the authoring application has been completely redesigned and features intuitive, drag-and-drop tools to let users quickly create media-rich channels featuring HD video, still images, 3D animations, PowerPoint slides and data-driven graphics linked to corporate databases such as SAP and Oracle, Excel spreadsheets, or RSS feeds.
The cloud-based X2O Channel Designer can easily be accessed from anywhere via a Web browser. The X2O player also supports HTML5, and plays out content in real time on a wide variety of screens including digital signage displays, video walls, tablets and mobile phones. The open platform also integrates with third-party media players — such as the Cisco IEC 4600 Series player, and the Exceptional 3D player — that will be on display in the X2O Media booth.
The X2O platform also is designed to allow users to harness the power of social media by displaying user-generated content from popular sites such as Twitter, YouTube and Facebook. Interactivity can be added by displaying QR codes that users can scan with their mobile devices.
At DSE 2013, X2O Media will demonstrate two new applications for interactive displays:
- Real-Time Video Chat With a Remote Expert: Users will be able to touch a screen to call on a live representative and have a conversation via a video chat window on the display. This capability is useful in scenarios where someone needs to "speak to the expert." For this demonstration, Cisco will provide its video input and media player.
- 360-Degree Interactive Panoramas: A sleek, intuitive interface and easy-to-read maps allow visitors to browse a specific location with omnidirectional interactive panoramas. This advanced functionality has been nominated for a DSE 2013 Content Award.
At the X2O Media booth, display partners will demonstrate a range of solutions driven by the X2O platform:
- A SHARP Aquos interactive display will showcase X2O Interactive Solutions, featuring advanced wayfinder applications.
- Exceptional 3D will showcase its latest glasses-free 3D digital signage display and player, which integrates with the X2O Portal content management platform.
- A Lanner LEC-2280 with third-generation Intel quad core CPU and LEC-7110 with dual core Intel Atom D2550 with HDMI port solid-state PCs will run the latest-generation X2O digital signage player.
Learn more about digital signage content management.