DFI Tech, a provider of customized hardware solutions for applications in digital signage, interactive kiosks, gaming, industrial automation, medical and broadcast, announced the availability of its new MK20, a 20-inch multimedia kiosk and digital signage platform.
"We are excited to be first to market with such an innovative platform as the MK20," DFI Tech CEO David Lu said in the announcement. "The market made it very clear to us that they wanted more capability to elevate the user experience with enhanced display, interactivity and sound, and we heard them loud and clear."
The MK20 is designed to enhance the customer experience and make it more multidimensional, all while being built on an industrial strength platform that will last for years with heavy use and no degradation in performance, the company said.
Features of the MK20 interactive kiosk platform include:
- Integrated display and media player for an all-in-one solution;
- Tilted screen for easier viewing and interaction;
- Two cameras, microphone, speakers and networking capabilities. In retail, the MK20 can provide two-way interaction between a customer and a remote product specialist;
- Networking capabilities include gigabit ethernet, Wi-Fi, and 3G and 4G cellular communications;
- Two speakers for stereo audio;
- Projected capacitive touchscreen, which enables multiple touches, pinch and zoom, etc.;
- Intel's third-generation Ivy Bridge platform for more detailed and smoother video playback;
- The unit can also be equipped with a card reader to take payments and serve as a point of sale; and
- five-year DFI Tech lifecycle guarantee.
The MK20 is a 4G LTE, POS-ready media kiosk, and a highly customizable platform allowing for dynamic, cloud-deployed content on its wide-aspect ratio screen, the company said.
"We are pleased with the early interest and uptake of this innovative new solution," said Andy Lu, the company's director of business development. "Based on feedback at Digital Signage Expo and input from customers, we expect this solution to be widely used across a broad number of applications."