Eden Prairie, Minn.-based AV mounting solutions provider Chief recently refreshed its Kontour series in response to customer feedback and is now offering enhanced versions of the K1 and K2 single- and dual-monitor mounts.
"The Kontour series has been out for several years. Over that time, Chief has been listening to customer feedback, as we do with all our products. We found that while we were doing many things right, there were ways to make the mounts even better," David Albright, a product manager for Chief, said in the company announcement. "We used feedback to guide the K1 and K2 series design updates and create a next-generation version with improved features and finishes."
The design updates include:
- option of black or subtle two-tone silver finish;
- next-generation Centris extreme tilt for smoother control and ergonomic comfort;
- new external monitor rotation screw for fine-tuning the ease of display rotation;
- enhanced three-step installation and quick-release monitor interface;
- improved base with included tool storage so tools are always accessible;
- more configurations and easier upgrade options for adding additional monitors; and
- updated cable management options.
Along with the refresh, the K3 and K4 array mounting solutions will see the complete launch of the entire series. Engineered to provide strong, safe support for multiple monitors, the Kontour series is modular in design and has options for anywhere from two to 12 monitors, according to Chief. These solutions are designed to be ideal for applications such as trading desks, call centers, security desks, IT, health care, control rooms and more, the company said.