Almo Professional A/V, in partnership with InfoComm International, announced it is inviting AV resellers, integrators and consultants to "Navigate to New Horizons" at the first E4 AV Tour event of 2014 in Dallas on March 11. E4 Dallas will include a first-run keynote address focused on pre-engineering AV into smart buildings, and new courses led by industry leaders, including Tom Stimson, past president of InfoComm International, the company said. E4 Dallas will also feature an array of more than 35 manufacturing partners and networking opportunities with business colleagues and other AV professionals.
Now in its fifth year, the E4 tour continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of AV resellers, integrators and consultants. Almo said.
"While we continue to build on each E4, the successful formula for our event remains the same," said Melody Craigmyle, vice president of marketing for Almo Professional A/V, in the announcement. "We are returning to the Dallas venue we visited in 2012 to spend time with a concentrated group of Almo partners in a city that is home to one of our largest local warehouses and our newest sales VP, Sean McNeill."
Going with the event's "Navigate to New Horizons" theme, Craigmyle said in the announcement that attendees can expect a lot of firsts at E4 Dallas, including new products from Samsung, Sharp Aquos, Planar, Canon and BrightSign. "Well-known industry veteran Tom Stimson has joined the tour to share his expertise on how to win more business in today's changing reseller world. And we have a new keynote on the emerging importance of integrating AV into the building information management layer," Craigmyle said.
According to keynote speaker Gary Kayye, chief visionary at Kayye Consulting, "AV has finally hit the mainstream, crossing the chasm from early adopter to early majority, and we're about to be specified by every architect and facility manager on the planet. And if you want to be part of the impending explosive growth that's about to occur with pre-engineering AV into every room in new construction, you'll need to learn all about smart building technology yourself so that you can become a preferred provider to the architect or facility manager."
E4 Dallas will include the following courses, worth a total of nine InfoComm renewal units:
- "Audio Gain Structure" - Andre LeJeune, InfoComm International - Learn two easy methods for setting gain structure in an audio system
- "Demystifying Media Players for Digital Signage" - Jonathan Brawn, Brawn Consulting - Demystify the concepts and specifications of media players, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each type and understand the emerging technologies that can change the deployment of digital signage
- "Don't Be a Commodity: Dealing with RFPs" - Tom Stimson, Stimson Group LLC - Discover how to turn price shoppers into value customers
- "Assessing Network Readiness for AV Systems" - Andre LeJeune, InfoComm International - Review documentation, demo a free network planning tool and discuss what to do when an unexpected error occurs
- "How to Compete Against Old-School AV Dealers" - Tom Stimson, Stimson Group LLC - Discusses how to modernize the basic business model to include services with the product sale
- "The Ins and Outs of Projector Edge Blending Technology" - Dave Arnott, NEC Display Solutions - Demonstrates how to complete a proper edge blend technique to display a single, high-resolution image
- "Five Technologies that Will Impact AV" - Joe Cornwall, C2G - Explores the five wired/wireless technologies that will deliver the greatest effect on deployment of digital video infrastructure over the next five years
- "Metrics and Analytics for ROI in Digital Signage" - Jonathan Brawn, Brawn Consulting - Focuses on understanding digital signage analytics and measurement tools and technologies for realistic expectations and a positive outcome for a project
E4 Dallas is on March 11 at the Hyatt Regency Dallas and runs from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is an entirely free event, including parking, for Almo Pro A/V's reseller, integrator and consultant partners. To register, go to www.e4avtour.com. The E4 AV program can be accessed on demand during and after each event for instructor videos, copies of the course presentations and live Twitter updates.
Learn more about digital signage installation/integration.