Analytical Design Solutions Inc. has released Version 3.0 of KioWare Lite for Android, KioWare Basic for Android, and KioWare Full for Android, according to a news release from KioWare.
Version 3.0 of KioWare for Android introduces tabbed browsing, upgraded camera capabilities, and an address bar option for tablet-based kiosks and digital signage. All of the KioWare for Android software products lock down the Android device into kiosk mode, which secures the overall operating system, home screen and usage of applications. KioWare Full for Android also offers a server component that provides remote monitoring and reporting. In addition to Android device lockdown, KioWare Basic for Android provides support for card readers and NFC devices, as well as the ability to develop third-party add-ons.
Other features include:
- Tabbed browsing setting creates new tab in browser instead of the standard pop up;
- Address bar for in-browser use;
- Add support for showing a progress bar;
- Updates to the XML configuration file will be completed at periodic intervals without requiring a restart;
- Provisioning, allows for mass installing the customized KioWare settings across multiple devices;
- Zoom level max increased to 1000;
- HTML5 auto play video option; and
- Browsing ACL "Match Upon" allows users to "trust" an entire page, pulling in all relevant content from external sites.
KioWare Basic for Android new features include all of the aforementioned KioWare Lite for Android features, as well as the following:
- Camera support allowing for saving of images, front or back camera, timer, button branding options and multiple save options;
- OPN 2002 Support;
- uDynamo + BulleT Support;
- Keyboard wedge support;
- Add support for the ACS ACR122U USB NFC reader; and
- Add-in support for tabbed browsing.
Read more about software.