IBASE Technology Inc., a manufacturer of single-board computers and embedded systems, recently announced the launch of the SI-64 — which the company bills as a high-performance 4-DVI digital signage player powered by third-generation Intel Core processors.
Combining an AMD Radeon E6760 graphics processing unit that features graphics and multimedia capabilities, as well as Microsoft DirectX 11 support for desktop-level graphics, the SI-64 provides full digital HD 1080 content across four displays, plus one analog display, according to the company announcement. It supports GPU-integrated 1024MB GDDR5 memory and up to 16GB of 128-bit DDR-1600 memory to run graphics intensive applications found in high-end digital signage projects, the company said.
The SI-64 also offers an array of connectivity interfaces for networking and display. It has two gigabit LAN, two RS-232, two USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 and four DVI display connections on the same panel. Expansion functionality is provided by two mini PCI-E(x1) slots for optional Bluetooth and 3G-Wireless modules. The black-and-white chassis comes with an accessible 2.5-inch HDD dock for SATA 3.0 hard drives and uses standard system mounting brackets. Overall dimensions are 380 mm wide by 250 mm deep by 45 mm high.
Key features of the SI-64 include:
- iSMART - for auto-scheduler and power resume
- Supports up to four digital and one analog display outputs
- Supports 3rd generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3, Pentium QC/DC desktop processors
- Discrete AMD Radeon E6760 graphics processors (480 processing elements) with 1024MB GDDR5-1600 graphics memory
- Supports AMD Eyefinity function for multidisplay flexibility (two-by-two combined resolution up to 4K)
- 2x DDR3 1600MHz DIMM memory, Max. 16GB
- 2x Mini PCI-E(x1) slots
- iAMT compliance for remote management.
Learn more about digital signage hardware.