Mdina Media will introduce its latest Scala-certified players at the upcoming Scala International Conference in Amsterdam. Mdina is the main sponsor of the event.
The new series consists of 15 embedded, high-quality performance players with different features, the company said. Each shares the AMD Embedded R-Series Accelerated Processing Unit with an AMD Radeon HD7000G integrated graphics card. Mdina Media said it chose MTBF components with a long lifetime, for 24/7 indoor and outdoor operations.
The QS series includes various models:
- The QS1000 A is based on the AMD A70M Controller Hub and powered by an AMD R-464L (35 W TDP) APU. It has DVI, HDMI, RS-232, LAN and USB ports.
- The QS1000 B model has an internal 220-watt power supply.
- The QS1000 C can be equipped with a FirePro W600 or the Radeon embedded E6760 graphics card. And with multiple outputs, it can connect to six HD screens. An R-464L APU is installed to ensure high graphics performance.
- The QS2000 models feature an AMD A75 controller hub and additional outputs: VGA and display port.
- The QS2000 C can also be equipped with an additional graphics card to improve graphics capabilities and multiple-screens connection.
- The QS3000 models can be equipped with an external or internal power supply and feature the R-272F APU and four HDMI outputs.
- The QS4000 is a fanless solution, incorporating the low-power AMD R-460L APU (25 W TDP) and four display outputs.
- The QS6000 is a tailor-made player, which can be mounted easily to the back of a screen.
- The QS7000 completes the range. According to the company, it is the smallest AMD Embedded R-Series player in the world. It supports next-generation LED screens.
"The QS series is a range of stable running players that can be used for any kind of digital communication solution," Mdina Media CEO Michael Blijden said in a news release. "We are proud to have a series of Scala-certified players. ... The digital signage market is growing rapidly, and Mdina Media's goal is to be up to date with the latest software and technologies," such as the DASH technology offered by AMD for remote control of hardware and content.
The Scala Conference is set for Sept. 25-26 in the "Zuiderkerk" in Amsterdam.
Learn more about hardware.