The Digital Place-based Advertising Association recently announced that the theme for its sixth annual Summit on Oct. 22 will be "Video Everywhere."
This year's DPAA Summit will be held at the Hilton New York in New York City. More than 450 industry executives are expected to attend the event, a majority from the brand and agency side of the business, according to the announcement.
DPAA President and CEO Barry Frey said, "With the advent of mobile, tablets and the Web, we have moved full speed ahead into a video-agnostic world in which planning and buying are no longer tethered to television alone. Consumers are encountering video content everywhere; out of home, in specific venues and on the go. Digital place-based media has earned a place at the table alongside all other video and digital options and stands out for its ability to reach consumers at the moment of truth on the way to making brand and purchase decisions. 'Video Everywhere' is the ideal theme for our summit because it addresses this new world order and also speaks to our business model to grow the sector."
Confirmed speakers to date are:
- Phil Cowdell, president, client services, GroupM;
- Rupert Day, global CEO, tenthavenue;
- Barry Frey, president & CEO, DPAA;
- Bob Liodice, president & CEO, Association of National Advertisers;
- Barry Lowenthal, president, The Media Kitchen;
- Kristian Magel, executive vice president, director of national broadcast, Initiative U.S.;
- Lyle Schwartz, managing partner, director of research & marketplace analysis, GroupM Worldwide; and
- David Verklin, operating partner, Calera Capital.
The DPAA Summit will bring together brands, agencies, digital place-based networks, technology and research partners to discuss the challenges and opportunities in the fast growing DPb space. The Summit will examine how to best use DPb media in the context of the complete media landscape, and examine new technologies and research that can inspire brands and agencies to use the medium in new and innovative ways, according to the announcement.
For more information on the Summit and how to participate, go to www.videoeverywhere.com.
Learn more about digital signage advertising.