Audiovisual distributor Almo Professional A/V, in partnership with InfoComm International, has revealed some of the details about new exhibiting manufacturers and product launches taking place at its first E4 AV training and networking event of the year. Registration is still open for E4 Chicago on March 28, which will feature 32 carefully selected manufacturing partners, hundreds of new products — including many InfoComm 2013 previews — and 12 educational sessions, all worth InfoComm CTS Renewal Units.
The newest exhibiting manufacturers and their product highlights include:
- Elo Touch Systems, supplier of touch-enabled products, is unveiling the 4201 42-inch touch display with an integrated PC and bringing its new 70-inch multitouch interactive digital signage display.
- Hiperwall, producer of video-wall software, is exhibiting in partnership with NEC Display Solutions and Premier Mounts to show a complete video wall solution.
- Peerless AV is hosting a virtual Slam Dunk contest with its fully integrated kiosk solution that includes a 90-inch Sharp Professional display, integrated audio, Xbox Kinect and software program that simulates a slam dunk contest. Peerless will also demo its HD Flow wireless transmission solutions.
- TouchSystems, provider of touch-enabled monitors, kiosks and displays, is bringing a 55-inch multitouch monitor with multi-user capability, which encourages collaboration and interactivity. It is being shown on a Peerless stand/mount and is powered by Sherlock Systems Media Players.
- Rane Corp., provider of problem-solving pro audio tools, is showcasing its newest audio technology, the HAL System, an open-architecture DSP product for expert room combining, paging and distributed audio systems for meeting and classrooms, hotels, retail, conference centers and restaurants.
- Samsung Hospitality, provider of the 26-inch to 55-inch, all-LED line of televisions for the hospitality industry, is showing televisions with Pro:Idiom, an encryption technology which securely delivers HD and video-on-demand signals without the need for a set top box in each room to protect content from piracy.
Other new products being shown during E4 Chicago:
- Sharp's 32-inch 4K LCD ultra-high-definition display with 3,840 x 2,160-pixel resolution.
- Planar Systems Inc.'s UltraLux 80-inch display with a zero bezel, infinity edge-to-edge glass design configured for multiple solutions within digital signage applications.
- Samsung's UE55C with System on Chip, which eliminates the need for a PC to play back content by running on an embedded chip within the display.
The Samsung booth will feature special guest Raffi Vartian, COO of SignageLive, a cloud-based media delivery and support company, who will demonstrate the new Samsung SoC technology.
E4 Chicago is on March 28 at the Oakbrook Drury Lane Conference Center and runs from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. It is an entirely free event, including parking, for Almo Pro A/V's reseller, integrator and consultant partners. To register, go to www.e4avtour.com. The E4 AV program can be accessed on demand during and after each event for instructor videos, copies of the course presentations and live Twitter updates.
Launched in December 2009, The E4 AV tour is a free, full-day program with an intense educational focus that allows partners to earn valuable InfoComm International CTS RUs while networking with industry manufacturers.