NEC Display Solutions of America, a provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the addition of two super-slim digital signage displays to its specialty X Series portfolio, the 46-inch X462S and 55-inch X552S large-screen displays.
These industrial-strength, full-HD LCD displays leverage LED backlighting technology, which delivers improved power consumption and provides flexibility for a variety of installations, including those requiring Americans with Disability Act compliance (when used with select display mounts). Measuring a mere 1.8 inches deep, the X462S and X552S are not only super-slim and ultralight, they also deliver a maximum brightness of 700 cd/m², making them suitable for the most challenging applications in retail, hospitality and government, according to NEC.
In addition, these super-slim displays include the Open Pluggable Specification slot, an industry-wide standardization designed to simplify installations, use and maintenance of digital signage. Users receive full connectivity, including DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D, as well as remote management through the Network Control and Communication tools.2
"These new super-slim displays underscore NEC's commitment to innovation and give more options to organizations looking to fulfill their digital signage and communications strategies," said Rachel Karnani, product manager of large-screen displays at NEC Display Solutions. "As part of our comprehensive solutions approach, we also are offering these models bundled with high-performance single-board computers to help customers quickly implement digital signage and enhance their brand images."
The X462S and X552S displays include the following features:
- LED backlighting technology, which reduces power consumption and contributes to a lightweight design with minimal 1.8-inch depth;
- Commercial-grade LCD panel and components, which enable extended run times;
- 1920-by-1080 full-HD native resolution;
- 500/700 cd/m² brightness (typical/maximum) and 3000:1 contrast ratio;
- DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-D (in/out), which enable connectivity to a wide range of peripherals;
- RS-232C, LAN and DDC/CI for external control;
- TileMatrix, which facilitates video walls up to 100 displays in 10-by-10 configurations;
- Optional color-calibration solution, which enables color uniformity and fidelity across individual and multiple screens;
- Real-time clock, which has the ability to set schedules for on/off times 24/7 and can be set to warm up 30 minutes before use for optimum color representation;
- Built-in ATSC digital tuner (SB-03TM), which allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (X462S-AVT and X552S-AVT models only); and
- Bundled solutions, which include an X Series display and a single-board computer (OPS-PCAF-WS) for simple digital signage (X462S-PC and X552S-PC models only).
The X462S and X552S are available at minimum advertised prices of $1,999 and $3,099, respectively. The X462S-AVT and X552S-AVT models are priced at $2,199 and $3,299, while the X462S-PC and X552S-PC cost $2,949 and $4,049, respectively. All six products ship with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty.
Learn more about digital signage display technology.