Digital signage display provider Planar Systems Inc. unveiled at this year's Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas its 84-inch Planar UltraRes display product line, designed for ultra-high resolution commercial applications.
The new Planar UltraRes 4K displays provide native ultra-high definition resolution (3840-by-2160), ultra image quality and a range of configurations. Planar UltraRes displays are intended for professionals in a wide variety of commercial industries who require a large viewing area, very high pixel density and enterprise-level features that allow teams to collaborate around more immersive and detailed visual information, the company said.
"In commercial, academic and government settings there is a large and growing volume of ultra-high definition computer and video visual information — along with people making critical decisions based on that information," said Steve Seminario, senior director of product marketing for Planar Systems.
Planar UltraRes 84-inch displays are designed for applications including energy, geospatial, engineering and design, architecture, aerospace, control room, collaborative conference room, medical imaging, science and digital signage, among others. Whether it's making a multimillion dollar energy exploration decision, quickly rerouting electricity to prevent an outage or producing stunning close-up video for a retail store, Planar said its UltraRes 4K displays help businesses get the most impact from their high resolution information.
Planar UltraRes ultra-HD displays offer the following benefits:
- Four times the pixel density — Planar UltraRes 4K displays offer four times the resolution of a full-HD display. With a native resolution of 3840-by-2160, Planar UltraRes displays make it possible to view the most granular information with sharp focus.
- Advanced image quality — Planar UltraRes displays feature latest-generation LED-lit LCD technology, selectable dynamic contrast and local dimming for enhanced contrast. Planar UltraRes displays also support a full 60Hz refresh rate and10-bit color for a lifelike video experience.
- Advanced industrial design — Planar UltraRes displays provide a sleek design for both function and style. The displays have a slim metal bezel, wide range of digital connectivity options and an incorporated failover power supply for 24/7 environments.
- Innovative mounting system — The Planar Profile Mounting System allows for an extremely slim profile (about three inches) when wall-mounted and provides a front service access mode. The Planar Profile Tiling Kit allows for optimized horizontal tiling of multiple Planar UltraRes displays and what Planar claims as "the industry's narrowest" image-to-image gap for large-format 4K displays.
- Increased energy efficiency — Planar UltraRes displays come with an advanced energy-efficient design that utilizes edge-lit LED technology and passive cooling. The displays can automatically switch to standby mode when no source is detected and consume less than 0.5 watt of standby power. Planar UltraRes displays include no lead or mercury and are fanless and quiet.
- Modularity for easy repair — Planar UltraRes displays have lockable, front service access, providing ease of service without removing the display from the wall.
Also, Planar UltraRes displays come in three base models to suit a variety of commercial requirements:
- UR8450-LX: 2D landscape display for conference and control rooms
- UR8450-MX: 2D landscape and portrait, higher brightness model designed for digital signage and other higher ambient light environments
- UR8450-3D: 2D and 3D landscape support, intended for decision rooms where both 2D and 3D images and video are viewed
Planar UltraRes 4K displays will be available through the company's global network of authorized resellers, and will begin shipping in the second quarter of 2013.
Learn more about digital signage display technology.