Digital Signage Expo, the international conference and trade show dedicated exclusively to digital signage, interactive technology and digital out-of-home networks, has announced the 30 finalists for its Apex Awards for 2013. The annual DSE Apex Awards honor innovation in the development and deployment of technology in the global DOOH industry. Nominees are the end-use sites of the installation.
Chosen by an independent panel of six industry journalists, this year's Apex Award finalists were named from a field of nearly 90 entrants vying in 10 major digital signage categories. Gold, Silver and Bronze Apex Awards will be presented in each category at the show's fourth annual awards show banquet slated for the opening night of DSE 2013 on Wednesday, Feb. 27, from 7-9 p.m. at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. DSE will also present the Apex Award of the Year to one of the Gold finalists.
The finalists include:
Arts Entertainment & Recreation
- Mansfield Reformatory Preservation Society, nominated by DRM Productions Inc.
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, nominated by Intermedia Touch Inc.
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, nominated by Obscura Digital
Business Industry & Government
- Arsenal Media Fountain of Content, nominated by Arsenal Media
- Christie West Wing, nominated by Christie Digital Systems Canada Inc.
- San Francisco Public Utility Commission, nominated by Obscura Digital
Education & Health care
- Florida Hospital - Wesley Chapel, nominated by Sound Stage Inc.
- Saint Louis University, nominated by NEC Display Solutions
- University of Waterloo Stratford Campus, nominated by Westbury National Show Systems Ltd.
- Antron Showroom, nominated by Float4 Interactive
- Dallas Cowboys Stadium, nominated by Gefen
- University of Oregon, nominated by Haivision
Food & Beverage
- Dee Daa Restaurants, nominated by Arsenal Media
- Starbucks Coffee Co., nominated by Starbucks Coffee Co.
- Top of Waikiki Restaurant, nominated by Pacific Digital Signs
- Tourisme Montérégie, nominated by Arsenal Media
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort, nominated by Xpodigital
- Wynn in Las Vegas, nominated by JANUS Displays by Morrow Technologies
- Buffalo Wild Wings, nominated by Wireless Ronin Technologies
- Pepsi, nominated by Intel Corp.
- Mobile, nominated by Smart Spot and Scala Inc.
- Clear Channel Spectacolor - Times Square, nominated by Clear Channel Spectacolor
- Rumeli Hisari Castles, nominated by Dreambox Visual Communications
- Westfield Shopping Center, nominated by Scala Inc.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop, nominated by Build-A-Bear Workshop
- Connections, nominated by YCD Multimedia
- Holt Renfrew Ltd., nominated by Rose and Thistle Media
- IGITerminal 3 & 1 Airport, nominated by DelhiTimes Innovative Media Limited (Times OOH)
- McCarran International Airport, nominated by Four Winds Interactive
- MTA Subway, nominated by MRI (Manufacturing Resources International)
Registration for DSE's fourth annual awards banquet, or any of the DSE 2013 educational events being held Feb. 26-28 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, is now available online at www.digitalsignageexpo.net.
Read more about digital signage installation.