Commercial LCD display and projector solutions provider NEC Display Solutions of America announced the addition of the 55-inch V552 and 65-inch V652 to its commercial-grade V Series. The high-performance full-HD panel is designed for extended operation times in deployments including retail stores, restaurants, indoor venues, training facilities and corporate boardrooms, the company said.
NEC's V552 and V652 utilize LED backlighting to reduce the product's depth, weight and power consumption, and each also features built-in 10-watt speakers and an Open Pluggable Specification-compliant expansion slot. This future-proofs the display and allows for the seamless integration of a computer or other NEC or third-party accessories, the company said. Additionally, video, RS-232 control and power are passed internally from the display to the accessory, allowing the elimination of additional cabling and simplifying installations.
"We're proud to introduce two products that not only reduce the physical footprint of the display but also decrease energy usage because of the LED backlighting," said NEC's Product Manager of Large-Screen Displays, Rachel Karnani. "The shift to LED backlighting is significant for the digital signage industry and is evident in NEC's large-screen product line. The V552 and V652 reinforce that commitment to improve our customers' total cost of ownership and return on investment."
The V552 and V652 include the following features:
- LED backlighting technology to reduce power consumption allows for a slimmer cabinet depth
- Commercial-grade LCD panel and components enable extended runtimes
- 1920 x 1080 full-HD native resolution
- 320/450 cd/m² brightness (typical/maximum) and 4000:1 contrast ratio
- DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-D (in/out) enable connectivity to a wide range of peripherals
- RS-232C, Ethernet (RJ45), IR Remote, DDC/CI are available for control
- Built-in, low-profile 10-watt speakers
- TileMatrix allows for video walls up to 10 by 10
- Built-in ATSC digital tuner (SB-03TM) allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities (V552-AVT and V652-AVT models only)
- Bundled solution includes single board computer (OPS-PCAF-WS) for simple digital signage (V552-PC and V652-PC models only)
- Optional accessories include speakers, stand, a variety of internal and external computers, digital tuner, calibration kit and wall mount
The V552 and V652 are available at minimum advertised prices of $2,399 and $4,999, respectively. The V552-AVT and V652-AVT models are priced at $2,599 and $5,149, while the V552-PC and V652-PC cost $3,199 and $5,899. All six products ship with a three-year limited parts and labor warranty.
Read more about digital signage display technology.