The winners in the categories of Point of Sale, Point of Wait and Point of Transit will be announced during the "DSA Party @ CETW," held Nov. 7 aboard the Duchess Yacht, as it cruises around Manhattan the first night of CETW. The Crown Awards recognize excellence in digital out-of-home content.
Watch a video of one of the nominees, "Monterey Bay Aquarium - 150 Feet of Awesome," below:
"Last year's entries were great, and this year's are even better," DSA Executive Director David Drain said today. "We introduced new subcategories based on budget — over $10,000 and under $10,000. We wanted to highlight the fact that you don't always have to have a big budget to make great content. We also saw an increase in the number of entries which featured interactive content. Our hope is that these awards inspire the industry to create great, engaging content."
Story continues below...
Also, for those concerned about the state of the DSA cruise in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, Drain said "the yacht is fine. They are resuming dinner cruises Saturday night."
The nominees ar:
- "BBVA Flagship," submitted by John Ryan;
- "Cedar Fair Digital Menu Board Optimization," submitted by Allure Global Solutions;
- "Family Dental Care," submitted by Digital Clinic;
- "McCarran International Airport Digital Signage," submitted by Four Winds Interactive;
- "McCormick - Guess That Spice," submitted by 5th Screen Digital Services;
- "Mercedes-Benz - Visualizer," submitted by Scala;
- "Monterey Bay Aquarium - 150 Feet of Awesome," submitted by Inwindow Outdoor;
- "Sprint - Buyback Virtual Queue," submitted by Two West;
- "Sprint - Green Mountain Bike LCD," submitted by Two West;
- "Sprint - Need For Speed EVO 3D LCD," submitted by Two West;
- "Sprint - Total Equipment Protection," submitted by Two West;
- "Sprint - Trail of Destruction," submitted by Two West;
- "Sprint - Studio Holiday Grand Moment," submitted by Two West; and
- "Tesco - The UK's First Interactive Virtual Grocery Store," submitted by Monster Media.
Watch a video of the "Family Dental Care" content below:
Judges for the DSA Crown Awards included Michael Chase of St. Joseph Content, Paul Flanigan of Pro-Motion Technology Group, Pat Hellberg of The Preset Group, Jim Kealy of 2hemispheres, Keith Kelsen of 5thScreen and author of "Unleashing the Power of Digital Signage," and Anne White of HypeHouse.
While some of the judges came from companies that also had entries up for awards, those who did, did not judge their own company's submission, and in fact one judge's project did not make the cut, Drain said.
Watch a video of one of the Sprint/Two West entries, "Buyback Virtual Queue," below:
Read more about digital signage content.