NEC Display Solutions of America, a provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the third generation of its commercial-grade E Series. The series includes the 32-inch E323, 42-inch E423, 46-inch E463 and 55-inch E553 models, which aim to provide a cost-effective digital signage solution for education and enterprise customers. E Series displays are also targeted for use in retail stores, quick-service restaurants, health care waiting rooms and fitness centers.
The edge-lit LED backlighting of these models allows a thinner, lighter product that is easier to install and maintain. This reduces cost associated with shipping, warehouse storing, installing and servicing large-screen displays, according to NEC. Additionally, the LED backlighting consumes up to 56 percent less power, resulting in a lower total cost of ownership. The commercial-grade panel allows a three-year warranty and displays digital signage throughout a normal workday.
The NEC E Series includes up to full-HD resolution and three HDMI inputs. Its RS-232C technology is used to remotely manage, control and sync multiple displays. E Series products also include a USB media player for user-friendly display of .jpg images.
"In addition to providing a reduced TCO, the edge-lit LED backlighting makes the new NEC E Series an eco-friendly display choice," said Rachel Karnani, product manager for large-screen displays at NEC Display Solutions. "LED backlighting technology eliminates the use of hazardous materials, such as mercury, in the display. We are confident customers will be happy with the impact of this product on both their wallets and the environment."
E Series displays include the following features:
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM analog/digital tuner allows for high-definition broadcast capabilities
- Built-in low profile stereo speakers enhance the experience with superior sound
- Up to full HD resolution and 4000:1 contrast ratio
- Edge-lit LED backlighting enables a thinner, lighter display with reduced power consumption to lower TCO
- Three HDMI inputs enhance connectivity
- Built-in closed captioning enables users to display text information for the hearing impaired
- Detachable stand
- Multiple picture modes adjust the picture appearance for optimum viewing experience
- Advanced video settings ensure source material is displayed properly and accurately
- Backlight adjust customizes the strength of the LED backlight, enabling longer display life and lower power consumption
- Parental control (V-Chip Function) allows users to block programs based on the rating category
- Input labeling allows users to assign labels to various inputs within the onscreen display
- Optional accessories include wall mount kit (WMK-3257), accessory pack (MIS513) and external single board computer (TNETPC-AF-WH)
The E323, E423, E463 and E553 will be available in November at a minimum advertised price of $419, $649, $829 and $1279, respectively. All four displays ship with a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.
Read more about digital signage display technology.