Digital signage solutions provider Black Box has begun mailing its new "AV, Multimedia, and Digital Signage Design and Sourcing Guide," a 76-page resource to help users plan and provision their end-to-end signage network or a complete video distribution system.
To get the complimentary guide, go here or visit Black Box's InfoComm 2012 booth June 13–15 in Las Vegas.
"This guide simplifies the job of having to choose compatible parts for your signage system," said Black Box VP of sales and marketing Brian Kutchma in an announcement. "Whether you're considering digital signage for a small or medium business, or are in the midst of planning a fully integrated signage and video distribution system for corporate, healthcare, or education applications, this guide simplifies the design and product-selection process."
The guide spotlights Black Box's full range of platforms for digital signage, including several key highlights:
• iCOMPEL, the company's integrated hardware/software system for easy implementation of professional signage. The browser-managed system comes preloaded with layouts and tools for assembling and distributing content to digital signs, and has no ongoing licensing fees.
• iCOMPEL EDS, an enterprise-class platform for controlling signage content at the corporate level. Via a Web connection, administrators can schedule and change presentations for any screen anywhere in the world. The iCOMPEL EDS platform supports ad networks, and because it is provided as a VMware application, it is aimed at virtualized cloud environments. The only hardware needed is a subscriber unit for each screen, the company said.
• iCOMPEL WDS, a new platform for wearable digital signage. Its players feature business card-size screens that show video presentations to attract customer attention and enhance sales interaction in retail, restaurant and sales event applications. With each 2.4-inch LCD player, users get a magnetic clip and a lanyard for wearing, plus access to a Web portal for assembling custom content presentations. When WDS is used with iCOMPEL EDS, content for players worn by users anywhere can be updated remotely for consistent messaging.
• MediaFlyer EXPRESS, a hosted platform for enabling businesses with little technical or creative know-how to quickly set up signage and incorporate social media content. The scalable, hardware/hosted solution includes everything needed to get started except for the display: a player that installs at the screen and a subscription to the MediaFlyer site where content is uploaded to and managed.
In addition to digital signage platforms and solutions for sharing video presentations wirelessly in meeting rooms, the guide features Black Box's full suite of AV infrastructure products, such as the following:
• Extenders for cost-effective distribution of analog VGA and digital HDMI and DVI video at long distances using CAT5e/CAT6 copper, fiber optic, or coax cables
• Splitters for easily outputting VGA and digital HDMI and DVI signals to multiple monitors or displays
• Switches for routing multimedia signals from single or multiple sources to one or more displays, whether for VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, or DVI video
• Converters and scalers for outputting various video formats for display on different types of displays