Audiovisual distributor Almo Professional A/V recently announced that registration is officially open for the next stop on its traveling E4 AV Tour, which will take place in Washington, D.C., on Nov. 10.
The D.C. tour includes a full lineup of brand-new training courses worth InfoComm International CTS renewal units (RUs) and will kick-off with a special address by Randy Lemke, executive director of InfoComm.
The E4 AV tour, which debuted last December in New York City and stopped in Anaheim and Chicago earlier this year, is a free, full-day program with an educational focus that allows partners to earn RUs while also networking top manufacturers, Almo says. More than 1,000 partners have already experienced the E4 AV events, having earned a total of 475 RUs.
"We are passionate about helping our partners advance their careers through training and education," said Sam Taylor, executive vice president and COO for Almo Professional A/V. "Past attendees have indicated that they want a concentrated day of learning and networking without the worry of travel costs and excessive time away from their customers. We've designed a tight business and technical training curriculum that allows them to learn, earn and make the most of their time."
E4 Washington, D.C., will run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center and will include a variety of training sessions: • "The AV Industry – Moving Forward" CTS RUs TBD Randy Lemke, executive director, InfoComm International
• "Left Behind: How Pro AV Guys are Losing the Digital Signage Market Race" 1.5 CTS RUs Gary Kayye, CTS, chief visionary, Kayye Consulting Inc.
• "Installation Issues for Converged AV/IT Systems" 1.5 CTS RUs
• "AV Math for Design: Audio and Loudspeakers" 1.5 CTS RUs Paul Streffon, MBA, CTS-D, CTS-I, InfoComm International
• "Cost-Effective Digital Signage for Small-To-Medium Size Installations" CTS RUs TBD Dave Gentile, director, business development, AMX
• "Projection Screens: The Science, Design and Application" 1 CTS RU Jonathan Brawn, Brawn Consulting
• "Revenue Past the Install: NEC's Business Platform for the Digital Out-Of-Home Market" Greg Patrick, account manager, NEC Display Solutions (Dealer Authorization Session) The E4 AV program can be accessed on demand during and after each event for instructor videos, copies of the course presentations, video product reviews and live Twitter updates. Video comments from past participating vendors, presenters and attendees also can be viewed online.
For more information about Almo Professional A/V's E4 AV Tour or to register for the Washington, D.C., event, go to www.e4avtour.com. Almo will also host an E4 event in New York City on Dec. 15. Registration and additional details about the event will be available soon.